- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut gave a talk at WUNCA 34 held in Chiang Rai, Thailand on 18-20 January 2017
- The Post- Disaster Facilitation Platform Through Wireless Emergency Networks Using Disruption Tolerant Networks (DTNs) proposal with Telecom SudParis was approved by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development with grant amount 34,000USD.
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut gave a talk on TakNet: Community networks in Thailand at the GAIA Workshop held in Cambridge, UK on 26-27 January
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut went to Tak for a site visit on the Net2Home project.
- Ms. Nisarat Tansakul gave a Case Study Presentation on TakNet at the APRICOT 2017 BoF on CWMN with 32 attendees, 28 February 2017
- intERLab organized the AP* meeting on 26 February 2017, with 24 attendees in conjunction with APRICOT 2017 in HCMC, Vietnam.
- AIT’s intERLab- TC,SET project proposal on TV White space was approved by NBTC with grant amount of 3,784,461.60THB.
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut went to Copenhagen, Denmark to attend the ICANN58 meeting
- Mr. Viraphan Samadi conducted a 3-day workshop on “Campus Network Design” at Kasetsart University from 29-31 Match 2017
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut gave a talk on “Rural Mesh for Education” at the 2017 Internet Global Summit held in Washington D.C., from 23-27 April 2017.
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut gave a talk at the Strategic Research Theme Kick-Off Meeting: Digital Transformation held in KMUTT on 4 May 2017.
- intERLab organized a 4-day BGP Peering workshop at VIE Hotel from 17-20 May 2017. A total of 22 network engineers from different ISPs and organizations attended the workshop.
- Kick-off meeting for the Post-Disaster Facilitation Platform Through Wireless Emergency Networks Using Disruption Tolerant Networks (DTNs) was held on 22-26 May 2017.
- Dr. Mongkol Ekapanyapong’s research proposal entitled “Automatic Warning System for Automatic Accident Detection” was approved by the Thai Health Funding Agency.
- intERlab will speak at APT Workshop on Disaster Management will be held in Kathmandu in 20-22 June 2017.
- Prof. Kanchana Kanchanasut will give a talk at the 16th China Internet Conference which will be held on 11-13 July 2017 in Beijing , China.
- intERLab will organize the 2017 Asia Pacific School on Internet Governance (APSIG) on 22-26 July 2017 at the Sukosol Hotel Bangkok.
- intERLab’s proposal “Cry for help!” – Rapidly Reconnecting the Disconnected in Disasters workshop was selected for the 2017 APrIGF which will be held on 26-29 July 2017.
- intERLab will organize the AP* Taichung meeting in conjuction with APNIC44 on 10 September 2017 in Taichung, Taiwan.
October[to be added]
- intERLab will organize the 13th Asian Internet Engineering Conference (AINTEC) on 20-22 November 2017 at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand.
December[to be added]
Other projects of intERLab in 2017
Net2Home Research and Development
SEA HAZEMON project with UPMC, France (ongoing since 2016)
Technical Support for the Bangkok Neutral Internet Exchange